A Sick World
Quick Facts, Vol. 1
- Wolves are just immature bears.
- Clint Eastwood was the original voice of Scooter, from The Muppet Show.
- Garfield doesn’t like Mondays because his wife was murdered on a Tuesday. But he thought it was Monday.
- The crew of the Apollo 11 found a copy of Ulysses on the moon with all the verbs tenses changed.
- Uranus was originally named “Quaker Oats presents Uranus”.
- The Montana flag is made of Styrofoam.
- Chimpanzees know how to work a chainsaw from birth.
- Tom Selleck coined the phrase “Whoever smelt it, dealt it.”
- Bowling was originally played with cubes of pork instead of balls until rationing during WWII caused a pork shortage.
- Moths are butterflies without souls.
- Bill Paxton went without a salary for Aliens, and instead was allowed to lick all the props to “proclaim ownership”.
- Austria and Australia are second cousins.
- Alligators grow thick fur coats during the winter months.
- Animal crackers were invented to help children display more dominance over their pets.
- Fingernails are chemically identical to newsprint.
- Touching strangers’ eyes is considered rude in Southeast Asia.
- Toilet paper is a scam.
- Alfred Hitchcock only drank Mountain Dew.