Stupid Tire Swing
Quick Facts, Vol. 4
- The octopus is the most intelligent animal without access to calculators.
- Most scientists agree that Halley’s Comet identifies as male.
- In his later years, Charles Darwin believed that most evolutionary processes were decided by a popular vote among the species involved.
- An elephant’s trunk is actually a massive opposable hair.
- The highest quality lab-grown diamonds are made with children’s tears.
- The doves released at weddings must be kept well fed, as they are naturally carnivorous pack hunters and have been known to carry off flower girls, ring bearers, and smaller bridesmaids.
- Sea otters hold hands while they sleep because they have a deep psychological fear of abandonment.
- The cruise control was originally invented for legless drivers, until it was decided that didn’t make any sense.
- In Britain, Pringles brand chips are called Baron Von Salty’s Crispy Rounds.
- Pinecones are the tastebuds of a tree, and they still send signals back after dropping off.
- The week before leaving office, it is traditional for a President to personally say “Later Tater” to everyone in Congress.