Quick Facts, Vol 3.
- The most shoplifted item in the USA is Star Wars Stratego Battlefield Strategy Game.
- Pennsylvania is the only state to naturally grow Pennsylvanians.
- The first guide dog was a German Shepherd named “Popeye the Sailor”, later euthanized for copyright infringement.
- The highest point on Earth is either Mount Everest or that old oak tree out back that me and Sally May would climb so we could see the whole wide world, depending on how folksy you are.
- Margarine is only one molecule away from a lizard wearing a top hat.
- Antarctica is cold, but only, like, in our minds, man.
- Francis Scott Key wrote a sequel to “The Star-Spangled Banner” titled “O Say Can You See This Again”.
- Hamsters are not dishwasher safe.
- The Continental Congress paid for most of the Revolutionary War with a kissing booth, alternately manned by Robert Burton, John Hancock, and Patrick Henry, depending on the day.
- Alligator eggs are almost three times the size of the average adult alligator.
- The shoe industry spends millions of dollars every year to prevent foam sidewalks from catching on.